Friday, January 11, 2008

Conversation with a reader today

Context: lesson about Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch

Me: So what do you think about the fact that he wanted to stop in the middle of the desert to be baptized? Do you think that's a little strange, that he stopped right there?

Reader: Well...no, for me I don't think it's strange at all. What he heard, it was very important. When people hear God's words, it touches them. He knew he had to listen.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all caught up on Cris Carpenter's life...and that's a good thing. I love it that you are doing this whole thing with a (dare I use an unusual word)GUSTO for life! You are obviously making a difference in Brasil! Miss you here, though!!!
---Jeff Mac

Anonymous said...

After I got your newsletter, I decided to read your blog...about a month of it. :) And I loved it and I remembered how much I love you!! It makes me happy that you seem to be flourishing in Brazil. Love you!