Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another reader story...

Yesterday in one of my sessions my reader was telling me about how he views the world: sin is relative, he is who decides what is sin and what is not, and as long as he is helping people and being a "good person" he is right with God. He prefers not to read the Bible because he knows that he'll fnd things in there that he doesn't like. He talked for a long time about this, his life philosophy, and I just listened. After it was all over, he asked if I thought he was wrong. This is the conversation that ensued:

Reader: Cris, do you think I'm wrong?
Me: Look, Reader, I can't judge if you are right or wrong. That's God's job and God's job only. But from what I understand from His word and from the way I try to live my life to please God, yes, I think you are wrong.
Reader: Me too.

I was dumbfounded. This is a reader whom I never, ever, EVER would have expected to make an admission like that. Praise God that His holy words are penetrating my reader's heart, and pray to God that it won't stop here. These conversations are never easy, and the process is a long one. But I have faith that what God has started He will finish. And I can't wait to be along for the ride!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

What you are doing is amazing!