Friday, February 8, 2008

Spilt Milk Update (no crying involved)

Just a little update for all of you who were captivated by my spilled milk story. Last night when I came home to an apartment that had been closed up all day (in intense heat,) I was greeted by the most rank smell ever. My first thought (seriously) was that somewhere underneath my couches was a little family of dead lizards. (Do lizards even smell when they're dead? Something makes me think no...) As I am absolutely terrified of lizards within the home, I really did wonder how I would manage to get these lizards out. I didn't want to open the balcony doors to let fresh air in because I didn't want any more lizards. The stress and fear were too much for me, so I came into my "office" and just played on the internet to forget about it for a while. After I successfully forgot about it, I went back into the living room and was once again greeted by the rank. I decided to do a little bit of investigating, and realized that when I had "cleaned" up the milk from earlier that day, there were a few key spots of brown splatter that I seemed to miss, not to mention what is probably under the refrigerator that I didn't see. Turns out puddles of boxed (read: processed to last like three years without refrigeration) milk left unattended in hot apartments all day smell like dead lizards. Or something like that. Guess I'll be cleaning today...

No comments: