Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I must say things got much brighter, happier, and melodious around here today when I welcomed the addition of light fixtures that actually work, a hammock on my balcony, and a bamboo wind chime within the walls of apartamento 805. To top it all off, the hammock was purchased (new, mind you) for 8 Reais. No, that's not a typo. That really is an 8, which means I paid roughly 5 bucks for a pretty green and blue hammock. That's like the worthiest investment EVER, knowing that from now on my blog posts will most likely be written from out there. I'm sure I will also be spending weekend afternoons there, and maybe, if I'm brave enough, even try to sleep out there? Who am I kidding, there's no way I would willingly spend a night out there without knowing what lizards and flying cockroaches are lurking about. I'll take my bed behind closed windows, thanks.

So anyway, another exciting addition to the 805 is that my dear friend Diogo, out of the goodness of his heart, just decided out of nowhere to lend me his wireless router for the next few months. My future balcony blogging is all made possible thanks to him. It will be nice to finally use my laptop for its true function -mobility- and maybe a little multi-tasking as well. (I.e. making lunch while simultaneously chatting online? You never know...)

I'll write more tomorrow, and don't let me forget to tell you about how this morning I was inadvertently made fun of, for the second time, by one of the employees at my friendly neighborhood bakery. Everyone laughs at the gringa...

No comments: