Tuesday, September 4, 2012

5 Years

5 years ago, this happened:

September 4, 2007 - Natal airport
5 years later, this:

FriendsCamp kitchen

and this:

Not my children, 5 years in Natal has not changed me that much

I think 5 years in Brazil looks pretty good on me, don't you? If I were to sum up the past half-decade in one word, it would be blessed. And growth. And joy. And Portuguese. And home.

Okay, five words. Clearly, 5 years has done nothing for my verbosity. Oh well.

Here's to many more years filled with all of those words and so many others! I couldn't imagine my life any other way. 

Thank you, Lord!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an inspiration! Blessings to you!

-Maria

Anonymous said...

Cris,

Please forgive the post here however I need your assistance. I'm in Charlotte, NC and would LOVE to chat with you about Natal and the need for a pastor to conduct a wedding Oct 12 in Natal. Please write me at milkshake.natal@gmail.com. I am engaged to a beautiful Brazilian woman (her name is Chrys also) in Natal and the wedding date of Oct 12 has hit a snag with the pastor / cartorio. I am due to arrive back in Natal on Oct 8. Please write me at your first convenience. Many, MANY thanks. Dave Rogers, Charlotte, NC.

the Jewell family said...

OK, I know this is a very late comment but I just read this and didn't realize you'd been there for five years already. Congratulations. Time flies.