Friday, September 14, 2007

Okay, people. We were doing so well on the commenting there for a bit. On the counter to the right the numbers increase every day--so I know you are reading--and on the map the red dots are getting bigger and showing up in new places--so I know where you are--I just don't know WHO you are! Please let me know. Even if you don't think you have anything interesting to say, I would still appreciate "Hi Cris. This is Mom. -Mom." (I use this illustration to point out that my own mother has not even left a comment...and the dot over Oklahoma City isn't so huge for nothing.)

Speaking of the dots being huge, after I arrived, I noticed that the dot over Natal was getting bigger and bigger. I thought "My goodness, who in Natal is reading this?" And then it hit me..."YOU are, Cris." I guess you don't have to be the smartest person in the world to do mission work. And let's all thank God for that.

I now have a cell phone, but the hunt for an apartment is still on. I have faith that God has a nice, spacious place with a balcony and ocean view out there for me. Ha! Yeah right. I mean, He could, but I have faith that God just has something and we will find it soon. If He needs for me to have an ocean view, by all means, who am I to get in the way of that? :) Although I am antsy to get settled into my own space, I really am enjoying exploring these places. Plus, I'm learning what it's like to have patience with Brazil. Yes, living here requires patience with the entire country. I will not elaborate. Just pray for our relationship.

I will leave you with a photo from last night, taken after church at the most delicious little sandwich stand on a corner close to the church building. I'm certain my team ate dinner at this place at least twice a week last summer, and since being here a week and a half, we have already eaten there three times. If you come to visit, I can pretty much guarantee you at least 3 meals at this place. For like 2 dollars (including your drink.) Have a good weekend! I intend to.


These are my friends Andressa, Fernanda, and Pollyanna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I just wanted to tell you that I READ YOUR BLOGS!!!!!!! FREAKING GUILTY! It looks like you are having. I asked someone the other day if Brazil was right next to Mexico. I found out it's not. But that it is in South America the things I know about Brazil are minimal but it does look like you are having fun and I'm glad to see they have computers in Brazil. Kisses, Love Cassie Face

Kizer said...

Cris, I am sending a gift in the form of an Acappella concert to Natal on the 8th of November. They'll be touring all over the country for 2 weeks but this concert is for you (and 1000 others...) Enjoy. Praying for you.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cris! I've been reading it!! And it's so good to see how happy you are!! I'm sure you're life in here is gonna get better and better!
God bless you!
Kisses!

Deanna said...

Hey Cris! Love your blogs! I have totally made the red dot mistake too. Oops! Ha! Anyways, I will be praying for your patience. I dont know the exact things but I understand. Love ya! Deanna

ann said...

You know I read. I'm a good commenter. And don't worry, your mom has read my blog since its inception pretty much and has never commented. :) Yay for OKC dots!